On February 24th, 2019 a WordPress Meetup was arranged on WebTechStreet. Hosted by Anand titled WooCommerce (eCommerce for WordPress) The purpose of the workshop was to give them knowledge about WooCommerce and how they can set an online eCommerce Store using WordPress. So, we were 18 attendees in number. And the session started at 2 pm. The main agenda begins with an overview by Anand about WooCommerce and giving its brief discussion on the uses and its popularity. Besides this, the workshop was well organized. And touches all the important steps to set an online store.
The objective of the Workshop include:
- Installing and Configuring the WooCommerce plugin.
- Creating and managing products in WooCommerce.
- Setting up payment gateways in WooCommerce.
- Configuring shipping and tax rules.
- Managing orders and customers.
- Basic modification of the frontend interface of WooCommerce.
- Also learn about other possibilities of WooCommerce like selling membership, services, event tickets, booking systems etc.
The session was summarised with the discussion of the extendable functionality of the Woo Commerce. And how WooCommerce is the easiest way of setting an E-Store just by following some simple steps.
All the students were working on their laptops under the guidance of the workshop members. Students showed their keen interest in the workshop and lastly, all were able to set up their own eCommerce Store. And we’re able to understand the managing process of the products orders.